Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Question about roof timbers

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Which means that you will need to put extra 2x2s in at 4 or 8 foot intervals.

What are these for?

Don't be silly. Read the OP.

I read it, and could not see any need for 2x2"s Hence my question.

You said: "The rafters will be be 3x2's at 2 foot centres (inside face
to inside face.) Which means that you will need to put extra 2x2s in at
4 or 8 foot intervals. "

Aside from the fact that the rafters are probably not going to be 3x2"
and almost certainly won't be at 2' centres, what have the rafters got
to do with anything? He wants to board the floor, not the underside of
the roof.

Troll snipped.

Not trolling, just highlighting that what your were suggesting was ill
thought out at best, and more likely a load of b*llox.

--
Cheers,

John.