Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Default Kel Centre Saver

Sorry I missed part of your question in my last response Derek. I have the
old style knives, and actually prefer them, although the time is going to
come when I need to replace them and start using the new. I just touch them
to the grinder and they cut very well for me.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad
"Derek Andrews" wrote in message
Bill Grumbine wrote:
However, I do have an article with pictures on my personal website. The
URL is in my sig line.

http://www.enter.net/~ultradad/bowlcoring.html
Very useful Bill. How about some pictures showing how the tips should be
sharpened. I can't help but think that is critical, and there is little
useful information about this on their website.

I see you recommend cutting ON the center line, whereas McNaughton
recommemd on or 'just' below. I have been trying just below to see if that
will stop it bucking and binding. Next time I'll try a little higher.

The tool suffers much in the way of bad press from people who are not
using it correctly.

I think this is one of the shortcomings of the tool - the lack of
instruction that comes with it, or on their website,
http://www.kelton.co.nz/cenuse.html.
Wot, no pictures?

It's a pretty sad company that relies on third parties to give
instructions in use.

Maybe I should cut a partly cored bowl in half to understand what is going
on in there

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com