Gary Coffman

Default Tamper proof Lag Screws (was: Security Systems)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:50:10 -0700, Jon Anderson wrote:
I can't exactly complain, but I've gotten way to busy to take time to
mess with my own tri-lobed lag screw head, but soon... Decided I'm going
to weld a shallow ring around the bolt heads, such that the custom
socket I'll make will fit over the head, but prevent grabbing the head
with visegrips.

Why not just tack weld the heads to the frame after you screw them
down? That'll make them "tamper proof" for anyone without an angle
grinder or a torch. Your bars aren't tamper proof against the latter
tools anyway.

Gary