Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default A little metal crank

In article , Don Foreman says...

Lesson learned: clamp lightly before brazing. (I just used gravity)
The air in the hole must have expanded and pushed it out a bit before
the brazing alloy froze. That's why the fillet isn't perfectly
smooth. I didn't have that problem with the other two joints perhaps
because they didn't fit as snugly or there was a route for trapped
air (or steam from flux) to escape.

Even if the parts have generous clearance, the flux will often flow
in and seal the piston, so it *still* self-disassembles!

Jim

please reply to: