Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default toolpost grinders

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 02:10:05 -0500, Brent Philion
wrote:
Ken Sterling wrote:
Brent Philion wrote:

What is one or does it do i think my atlas lathe came with one. And my
newbie to the machining side doesnt really get the point of it currently

You will never have a use for it, and it will be laying around your
shop, tripping you every time you walk past it.... so, to save you all
that aggravation, you should box it up, package it well, and ship it
off to ME... and let me help you from becoming upset with it....
Ken.

[insert eye roll here]

new to machining

born at night

but NOT last night =)

Hang around here a while, and you'll see lots of offers to take
"worthless" stuff off your hands. Some are even serious.

All kidding aside, there are things you will run across in your
wanderings that you recognize what it is (or at least you are pretty
sure) that were expensive or rare once, and were worth a pretty penny
once, and you know you'll never use - but you know three people who
can. And the price is right, as in "Get it out of here, it's been
sitting there for 20 Years and I'm sick of looking at it!"

So you haul it off, and you can usually find someone here to pay you
the "Shipping and Handling" costs to get it to a good home, where it
will get used for the intended purpose.

That, or they might have something sitting around taking up space at
their shop that YOU need - What goes around comes around...

And you saved landfill space, too!

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545