Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic

Default Vertical shaper/slotter on ebay

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message

"AL" wrote in message

I've been watching a 6" vertical slotter on ebay for a few weeks. It
was
listed at $900 by a machinery dealer in Detroit, but didn't sell and was
relisted a few times. They eventually lowered the price to $800. The
auction ended earlier today and it seemed some people got into a bidding
war. The winner got it for $1325 !

Examining the bid history it appears that there was a shill bidder, the
winner should have sniped and saved a few bucks.

Best Regards
Tom.

Not sure I understanding the bidding on this item.... paying attention
to the dates and especially the TIMES.... doesn't make sense to me.
Ken.

It just seems odd that a bidder thats been a ebay member since 2004 with
only 1 feedback for thier purchase of a Belly Dance Costume would
suddenly develope a burning desire to own a shaper/slotter and run
the price up in the last few minutes of bidding.

Best Regards
Tom.