ERich10983

Default OT - PLC Programming Software

And how much did the software for the DL and the Omron stuff cost?
From a few auctions I've managed to collect a few PLC's like SLC-150's
and some Omron and a DL-something, but have no software, so they all
just sit on the shelf.

I'd like to at least tinker with them.

When I started with the Omron, I just used the hand held programmer. Difficult
to see what's happening and slow, but I probably learned better because I
didn't have a computer to keep track of everything.

You can also use a hand held programmer with the DL series, but the software is
very useful and the display of the ladder logic, monitoring status and cross
reference is VERY worthwhile. $100 for the software will get you going
quickly.

Check out

www.automationdirect.com
http://www.plcs.net/