Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

Default Toilet Draining Out

"Roger" wrote in message
"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote in message
. ..
What would cause the water in the toilet tank to drain out completely?
There isn't any outside leak. Would it be the gasket at the bottom of

the
ballcock? I put in a new ballcock thinking that this was the problem

but
the water is still draining out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best let a plumber "pipe up" on this group, but when that happened to me,

found that my roof vent pipe had been plugged with leaf litter, so that

when
another part of the house or street sewer piping created a partial vacuum
due to normal water outflow, the bowl was sucked dry. The ballcock is not
the problem in your case, as far as I know. Check for clogs in vent pipe.

He asked about the water in the tank, not the bowl. It has the be the
flapper valve at the bottom of the tank. I'm wondering why the water is not
coming on as the tank empties.

Al