Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
carl mciver

Default KIds in the shop...

"jim rozen" wrote in message
| In article . net, Boris
Beizer
| says...
|
| Advice: if you're got cat problems in your shop, get a compressor and
| allow a very slow leak so that it turns on at random times. End of
problem.

| Our male cat used to love to sneak around down in the basement, for
| some reason he thought cobwebbs were the gods perfect food. Which
| was always fine until the burner in the furnace kicked on.
|
| He would really leviate then.
|
| Jim

When I was growing up, our house had these floor furnaces and the ground
under the house was dug out a bit to accommodate the furnaces. We had a
gazillion cats about and they liked to head under the house for the warm
spot around the furnaces. The only problem was that the furnaces leaked gas
just a little bit, and every now and then we'd hear a "whumpf" under the
house when the gas puddling there would ignite. You could always tell when
the cats had been under there when it happened because their whiskers were
all curled up and they were really skittish for a couple days. The stupid
rodents, they would always go back for more!