Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88

Default Way Covers for milling machines

Our shop's excello bridgeport-clone milling machine is now functional
and we would like to cover the ways to prevent chips getting into the
ways and to speed cleanup. What have people used for these cover and
where have they purchased the materials? Specifically, I have seen
many people take a flap of rubber/leather and hang it off the machine
covering the top of the knee dovetails and the y-axis ways behind the
table. I am a bit confused as to how to attach the top of the flap to
the machine. Is it just pinched in a metal channel that is screwed to
the machine?
Thanks,
Woodworker88
Los Altos High School Robotics Team