Posted to rec.woodworking
skeezics

Default Attach silestone?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:13:21 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

In article , "Chas12" wrote:

Hi Group, I am adding 2 24" cabinets to each side of our stove, with
silestone counters. Since they will not be large like a long run of
cabinets, I don't think I can just depend on weight to hold the tops in
place. Anyone know how to fasten the counter? They will both be in a
'corner' as well.
thanks,
chas

*tips hat to Robert (nailshooter)* Thank you for the vote of confidence.

If the Silestone sections are small, flip them over and clean the bottom with
methyl hydrate. Then, place a healthy blob of silicone II (GE) on each corner
of the cabinet. Gently lower the Silestone straight down..DO NOT slide
sideways/shift. DO NOT push down. Allow the slab to find it's own comfy level.
Go away for 12 hours.

When the silicone sets, it will prevent the top from sliding and the viscosity
of the silicone will go to work as a 'leveller', making up for any 'unevenesses'
(one of my guys used to use that word, it kinda stuck.)

For the engineered stone fans, check out Hanstone. Gorgeous colours, one price.
Same formula as Zodiaq, Silestone, Cambria = 93% Quartz 7% Acrylic binder.
or
click on the Hanstone button on my website http://www.topworks.ca

How is THAT for a shameless plug, eh?

thanks for the heads up. we have been looking at silestone but SWMBO
cant decide on a color. think african mahogany nateral clear finish
and white appliances. suggestions? for the last few months it has been
chip board tops with contac paper of every color under the sun!!!! she
gets a diferent color nearly every week. im a little tired of seeing
my nice work covered with contac paper! maybe in a year or two she
will find a color she likes. lmao..gotta love her but i would realy
like to finnish this kitchen. sorry bout the rambling on.

skeez