Jeff P

Default Logan Lathe Tool Gloat

electrician put in the 220 outlet, but I'm not sure what to do about
the 3-phase. The lathe has a big electrical panel on the back with a

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:39:18 -0400, "Derstine"
wrote:
switches for the forward and reverse and stop buttons) Your phase
converter motor has three wires also. Hook the wire from the lathe to the
motor and run the 220 line wires (two of them) to the out side pair. Put a
appropriate size switch in one of the 220 lines. Now when you throw the

I just bought a 3-phase motor from a nearby shop (Wright Metals, in
Costa Mease, CA) that I'm going to make the phase converter out of.
Derstine, you said it should be hooked up to the out side pair (of the
motor). There are three wires comming out that take 220 power, and one
ground that connects to the outside frame of the motor. I'm not sure
which pair is the out side pair. Does it mater, as long as the two 220
single phase wires are hooked up to two of the three "power" wires
from the motor?

If it's useful, from the motors plate:
Reliance Electric Duty Master A-C
Frame: 1821
Type: P
Ins. Cl: B
HP: 3
RPM: 1730
Volts: 230/460
Amps: 9.2/4.6
Hz: 60
S.F.: 1.5
Design: B
Code: J
Phase: 3
Amb: 40 c
Duty: Cont
Nema Nom: Eff.: 80

It was never used, and I paid $125. I think I paid a little high, but
it was sort of an impulse buy as I want to have a phase converter to
run the Logan.