Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon

Default What is it? C

"R.H." wrote in message
news
Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

575. my guess would be part of some kind of old fashioned hokey electric
neon "health massage" device.
576. japanese sword guard. looks like it's made out of iron. i can't
figure out what the design is supposed to be. looks like two fronds from a
plant of some sort but can't figure out what. looks like there are two
spaces for some parts that are missing. (bezel(s) for gemstones or other
material?)
577. electric toaster (when i was a kid (~1969) my grandmother was still
using hers) (bakelite handles missing?)
578. no idea but "rockwell" makes me think it's some kind of hardness
tester. no idea how it'd be used.
579. no idea but my guess is it's some kind of wood-to-metal fastener.
(actually from the photo i can't even really tell if the close end is
threaded.)
580. with those long tong handles i would've thought it's some kind of
blacksmith's tool. need to keep your hands away from the heat. no idea
though what it's used for though.