pyotr filipivich

Default Tamper proof Lag Screws (was: Security Systems)

And lo, it came about, that on Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:22:46 -0700 in
rec.crafts.metalworking , Jon Anderson was inspired
to utter:

As for "security" fasteners, while looking to see if there might be any
bargains on ebay for alarm systems, I ran across a very complete set of
drivers for practically every "tamper resistant" fastener on the market,
selling for under $12. So much for that one..

Remember, those are "tamper resistant." Like locks, they keep out the
honest and the lazy. (I also remember seeing some bolts with a head which
sheared off when set. Really are "Just tighten it up till it breaks off, then
back off a quarter turn")

You've got two basic sort of thieves: those who will try and finesse their
way in (they buy all the "tamper resistant" drivers, etc.), and those who
figure they can break in, grab the stuff and be gone before the cops arrive.

Given time, security fasteners aren't a problem. even the headless ones
will grind off :-)
Or I can always hook a cable from the grill to the back of a vehicle and
just pull them off. Okay, I may need to get a bigger truck ...

toodles
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
The cliche is that history rarely repeats herself. Usually she just