Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fenrir Enterprises

Default KIds in the shop...

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:35:11 -0700, "Bart D. Hull"
wrote:

I have a great deal of patience, but it bothers me that they
will get hurt. Only other thing is to lock them out of the
garage, but you just know they'll find their way in when I'm
not there and truly get hurt.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bart

I don't have much experience in this kind of situation, but I haven't
seen this specific topic mentioned: You need to talk with their mother
over how both of you are going to deal with the situation. On one
hand, you're not their father. Trying to make them do what you say
will very likely be met with rebellion. On the other hand, they do
need someone to teach them safety and common sense, which I'm
surprised about, considering their mother's occupations. But you need
to discuss with her how you're allowed to handle the kids. She may
think it's a great idea. In that case you can both discuss the rules
and they'll be more likely to listen if they're coming down from both
of you, rather than just you. On the other hand, she may be the type
to take their side all the time. It's hard to take someone else's word
over your kids, and any parent will have clouded judgement in this
respect. But if she's let them go this far without learning sense then
she may very well be the type to go 'How /dare/ you talk to my kids
that way!?' and let them do whatever they want. If this is the
situation you're in, you may want to rethink the relationship. It may
not be worth the benefits once she finds one of the kids wrapped in
the lathe gears and blames you for it.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.