Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh

Default Soaked monitor works after drying!

Hi!

Let it sit for 3 more weeks and tried again. It works perfectly!!!

Yep, you'd be surprised by how much abuse most electronics can really take.
That said, having this sort of thing happen absolutely isn't recommended.

I'd have to disagree with the other posters...after having had a disastrous
basement flood in 2004, I salvaged whatever I thought might pull through.
After cleaning the cases and letting things dry out in the sun, quite a few
things survived. Most everything got a pretty good dose of sewage material
while under power. I got the power shut off, but the water didn't go down
for almost a week.

Many of the devices in question (personal computers, servers, cable modem,
and related miscellany) are still running today on a 24/7 basis. Of course,
I did have to replace some power supplies and just about every hard disk.

William