Posted to uk.d-i-y
RDD

Default LPG Combi Boiler advice.

In message .com,
writes
Hi, I am in need of a new boiler. We currently have an LPG (no gas
around here) combi boiler and so i am assuming it would be most cost
effective to stick to that style.

Depending on your hot water requirements and house heating load

Might I suggest you go for a relatively low kW condensing LPG boiler
with a separate thermal store. The idea is to have the boiler running in
condensing mode for long burn durations to heat up your thermal store.
I.e. at maximum boiler and heat transfer efficiency.

Oversize store so that you can use it to run your heating via heat
exchanger as well as provide secondary mains power hot water for showers
and you can drain the store for baths

You can also couple in other heat sources i.e wood burning stoves etc.
or even solar panel if so required

FWIW
RDD