Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Christopher Thompson

Default OT legality of strobe lights on vehicles, plus rough ride

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:40:13 -0800, Don Bruder wrote:
In article t,
"Peter Grey" wrote:

Who knows what else he had done, but it struck me that the cops take
gratuitous use of a red light pretty seriously.

Ayup... If you ain't a cop, ambulance, or fire truck, and show red
light(s) to the front, you're effectively driving around with the
equivalent of about a 40-by-40 foot billboard strapped to your roof that
reads "C'mon, cop! I dare ya! Wassamatta? Too busy giving your K9
partner a BJ?" - And you're likely to be dealt with accordingly...

Eh...depends. In Wisconsin, if you've got the lights and siren, and
if they're both _on_, you _are_ an emergency vehicle, by definition.
Those same lights in Illinois might be a problem, on or off. It varies
by state at least. Galls.com might have a guide to all that crap maybe.

the question then becomes are you an authorzed emergency vehicle in valid
emergency operation. i dont care where you are you cant run like your going
to a call if your going after pizza, even if your in the pumper.

thus the reason for the emergency permit required in the state of Georgia.
--
-Chris
05 CTD