Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default OK what is the diferance between carbide and powdered metal ?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:03:50 GMT, BottleBob wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:43:27 GMT, BottleBob wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:45:11 GMT, BottleBob wrote:

Cliff wrote:

Try this:
Pumice, obsidian, and scoria are glasses:
True [X]
False [ ]

Cliff:

Your turn, what are you afraid of?

Pumice, obsidian, and scoria are amorphous (non-crystalline or
"glassy"), igneous rock.

True [ ]
False [ ]

You objected to being informed that these were glasses G.

Cliff:

I notice you still Cliffoided the question yet again.

Actually, what I objected to was your erroneous inference that ALL
rocks have a crystalline structure.

But *I'M* the one that pointed out that some are glasses !!!
To which YOU objected VBG.

Let me repeat the progression of this sub-thread:

================================================= =======
BB said:

"Do all rocks have a crystalline structure? NO!"

Cliff said:

"Umm ... you may want to rethink that G."

What else were you arguing about? Was it Hydrogen Carbide
being a metal?

BB said:

"Oh? Why? You've never heard of amorphous (non-crystalline), rock?"
================================================= =======

To which I responded about glasses G

So are you ready to honestly answer the question, or are you going to
try to use more weasel words to avoid it? LOL

Pumice, obsidian, and scoria are amorphous (non-crystalline or
"glassy"), igneous rock.

True [ ]
False [ ]

Are metals rocks too?