Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Martes

Default Converting a Lantern from bulb to LED

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a number of bulb lanterns (6v - 4 D cells) that I would like to
convert from bulbs to LEDs.

Is there a convenient LED conversion adapter available for this type of
conversion?

If not, what would you recommend for the suitable LEDs and driving
circuitry.

Presently the lanterns are able to be dimmed by an external dimming
control which is a feature I would like to retain.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have to offer.

TMT

Hi T

I have a 6 volt lantern that Don Foreman helped me convert to LED. It is
sensational. It's spot is better columated than the original incondescent,
and brighter.
I can tell you what we did, but, if you can get Don's attention you can
get the best information available.

Jerry