Posted to alt.home.repair
TeGGeR®

Default Slow flushing toilet: Vent stack?

"TeGGeR®" wrote in
:

see original message of Sunday Jan 29th for details of problem

UPDATE: Guess what? IT FIXED ITSELF.

In fact, ALL THREE upstairs drains are now just tickety-boo.

We had been using the commode to pee, just putting any paper in a
wastebasket, so that way we could still use it and paper wouldn't
accumulate. Not once did the unit flush. The water would just rise and
settle back down, with lots of swirling and gurgling.

Yesterday, the toilet was flushed several times during the day, no change
in problem. Then in the evening, the toilet was flushed one mre time, and
it flushed properly! A good strong flush, with a small gulp of air at the
end, just like it used to. And it's continued that way through this
morning. I watched that first successful flush and the one previous.
Nothing came out of the siphon hole or anywhere else.

I'm happy, but completely baffled. I did nothing other than what was
outlined on Jan 29th. I know I was told the vent stack had nothing to do
with toilet drain, but I can't help thinking something (ice?) broke loose
in there.

Thanks to all for their help.

--
TeGGeR®