Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rough Cut Lumber

"gov" wrote:
I'm new to this group so please be patient if this has been covered.
I'm looking into purchasing a molder/planer. The biggest project is
for casing/base molding. I see rough cut lumber that is all 4/4 or
thicker. Where do I go to find 1/2 to 5/8" lumber or is most of this
cut from 4/4. Seems like a lot of waste both lumber and money.

Thanks in advance.

TIM

Rough cut lumber is sold as 4/4 minimun. which is 1 1/16" to 1 1/8"
So even if you bought 2/4, you are charged for 4/4 plus machining.
This is why resawing is so popular for the hobbiest IMO