Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Roy

Default OT legality of strobe lights on vehicles, plus rough ride

"Ignoramus1729" wrote in message
I bought this pickup last fall, from a nearby municipality, it has
only 35k miles on it despite baing 15 years old. They did not use it
much.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dodge350.jpg

1) about yellow strobe lights. Is it legal for a regular person to
have these lights (when they are turned off)? What about driving with
them turned on? I would presume that it is illegal. I am in IL.

I have used strobes in plow trucks for years. Red and clear in the back and
clear in the front marker. But ONLY while plowing.
With them turned off? I suppose they could be any color as long as they are
not functioning or used off road or on private property. When you have them
turned on is when the problem of color comes up. Usually red or amber in the
back and amber to the front is okay. Take a look at what the tow trucks in
you area use, or call the DMV.

2) It is a 1 ton truck and it bounces a lot, like on speedbumps and
such. Is it simply due to having strong suspension (it is a 1 ton
model), or is something wrong with it?

Trucks tend to bounce going over speed bumps.

Roy
thanks