Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default LPG Combi Boiler advice.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I am in need of a new boiler. We currently have an LPG (no gas
around here) combi boiler and so i am assuming it would be most cost
effective to stick to that style. I cant say i have been impressed with
the current one, a worcester 9.24 electric but it was 13 years old
before we moved in so i can accept that may be why performance was
poor.
I would really appreciate some advice from experienced people. Our
local and friendly plumbers who have given us good service previously
only fit Alpha and reccomend a CB28. However after researching as much
as i can without expert knowledge im not sure that would be suitable,
not only as it has a purchase price of £684 inc vat and ive been quote
£1800 for them to install one but also the lpm doesnt seem as high as
think £1800 should buy. After all, no pipework has been quoted just
fitting the boiler to existing pipes etc.
What do you all think would be most suited to a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom
(actually we dont generally use the bath but we would like to use 2
showers at the same time sometime) place. Reliability is sooooo
important. The current boiler needs the ignition contact cleaned about
every month !
Price is important however i would rather get a good performing
reliable boiler in lpg as i think it would be cheaper than changing the
whole system to oil as we would probably have to buy a lower grade
boiler what with all the pipe work, tank etc.

All advice welcome !!!!!!!

Many thanks

- The Worcester-Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440 combi is floor mounted a will
do two showers and has an LPG conversion kit.
- The Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 40 HE Plus combi is wall mounted and will
just cope. This is changed to LPG by an electronic module.

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/

See:
http://www.uselessenergy.org.uk/boil...ices.asp#AlpgC
The cheapest you will get a boiler.

If the district may have natural gas in the future then go LPG as it is easy
to convert back.