Posted to rec.woodworking
Vidkid26

Default My first mailorder big machine

On 2006-01-31 20:24:01 -0800, "brianlanning" said:

It's a disk/belt sander so shouldn't have the oil problem. They had to
schedule the delivery for tomorrow instead of yesterday because they
saw it was a residential delivery and had to wait for the liftgate
truck to be available.

How much of a hurry will he be in? I'd like to unpack while he's still
here.

brian

It's not a matter of being in a hurry. We try to make sure that
everything is O.K., If there is no visable damage to the packaging we
have a responability to have the freight bill signed for before you
open it. If you find any visable damage, make sure that you inspect the
carton and make a note on the freight bill. The driver wants to make
sure that he is covered also. We have had more than one customer claim
damage when the packaging shows none. If he is any kind of
profesional,like I'm sure he will be, he will want to help you document
any problems that may arise.Its been my experience with these bigger
machines that they have very few problems wth damage.
The biggest problem I have is that I can't stick around long enough to
play with the new toy !!

Who knows it may be me who shows up at your door.......