Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jack Anderson

Default 98 GM Truck Radio

Good evening,

My son has my old 98 GMC pickup with the "standard AM/FM Cassette
player radio which was a factory install. Most of the buton lights
have burned out and he is trying to get at them to replace them. I
could put a voltmeter on the CB to see what the voltage of the bulbs
is, I would assume they are 12V but I know what ASSUME means. If any
of you have ever done this before or could point to someplace where
this has already been discussed, I would appreciate it very much. The
other question which has got him nervous is how does one get the
volume knob off? he has tried to pull it but it will not come with the
force he thinks it should take. My son is at colledge now so I can't
judge how much he is using to pull on the knob.

TIA

Jack Anderson