Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Need Advice How to Repair Plastic Power Switch on Dell 19" Monitor

"Just Another Theremin Fan" wrote in message
oups.com...
The repair to the switch that I and Leonard proposed, is not in the
slightest bit dangerous,

What other response would anyone expect from a cowboy who
names himself after a used car shyster....?

I'm sure the manufacturers would in no way encouraging your
dangerous antics. I also hope you have informed your house
insurers of what you are doing. In event of a fire you wouldn't
receive a penny (or cent).

There is also no reason why others should have their lives put
in danger by such bodgery.

You silly person. Of course in a perfect world, the switch would be
replaced, but this is not a perfect world, and unless the OP is a monitor
repairer by trade, and has a stash of scrappers around to cull a switch
from, the chances of him being able to obtain an EXACT replacement that
didn't require a TRULY dangerous bodge to shoehorn it in, particularly for a
Dell, are slim to zero.

I repeat that there is NOTHING DANGEROUS about repairing the plastic shaft
of a switch, which is operated by a further extension PLASTIC shaft, and if
you think otherwise, then you clearly don't understand very much about
electricity, and the safety of working with it.

Bear in mind also, that the poster didn't actually say that it was a line
power switch. It may well be a low voltage standby switch. Many monitor '
power ' switches are.

Cowboy ? Used car shyster ? Go play some mournful music on your theremin.

Arfa