Posted to rec.woodworking
Glenn

Default My first mailorder big machine

I would totally agree with what's been said about checking before
accepting delivery. Freight companies are the bane of our lives (I
work for a scientific supply company). Also at least partially unpack
before signing for delivery. We had one delivery where the outside
cardboard box had a slight scrape mark along it, nothing anyone would
be suspocious about. When the box was lifted off, the incubator inside
had significant panel damage, someone had run a forklift right along
the side. We've also had forklifts go through the sides iof icemakers,
and had another icemaker dropped off a truck. All in all not a good
look, and doesn't bode well for the years of trouble free use we would
expect.

Glenn