Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Barnett

Default Recommendations for bandsaw tuneup

"Richard" writes:

I am now certain that I will need to shim out the upper bandsaw wheel,
as I did put that 1/4" blade on this morning and gave it a whirl. The
blade is running ~1/4-3/8" from the front of the wheel, on both upper
and lower wheels, and rubs agains the front wheel guard if I have the
front wheel guard tightened all the way. That is with the tracking
adjustment screwed all the way in.
Can I just take off the top wheel and place a washer or two behind it?

Call up Iturra Designs (1-888-722-7078) and ask for their free
catalog. You can order the shims for the wheels while you are at it.
Or you can wait until you get the catalog, and buy the other dozen
items you also need, and save some shipping costs.
example:
Wheel Brush
table shims
Zero Clearance Inserts