Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
steamer

Default Coolant/cutting oil on manual lathe

--One trick: if you've got a long cut to make and the spray mist
stuff is too thin, rig an old coffee can with a valve and attach a length of
model airplane fuel line tubing or similar to it. Position the can high on
the mill so it's got gravity to aid flow. Fasten the tube to the top
of the spray mist nozzle, ending maybe an inch or two from the end. Turn on
the heavy oil and it'll ooze down to the end of the spraymist without
dripping, then it'll get blasted onto the part along with whatever mist
you're shooting. I've done this many times and it beats the heck out of
stuffing a brush in there every ten seconds for half an hour..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I can make damn near anything
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : ...except money, sigh.