Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Arcady

Default Cupertino, CA - local lathe owner for small help?

jim rozen wrote:

If you don't mind teh suggestion, you might be better off spending
the money you would otherwise pay to have the existing chuck re-worked,
buying a small brand new chuck.

If you think about it, any job a commercial shop will do on that chuck
will be a miniumum of an hour, they will bill at 65 per hour, probably.

That's what I mean - 'for few bucks' I did not realize what the work time and price
could be.

Take that money, add 20 or so more and purchase a brand new three
jaw chuck from bison. You will be much happier with the results in
the long run.

Sure, I checked the sources. The only problem is to find the proper part. It cannot be
more then 2" and it must have M12*1 thread - not easy to find at inchland. But I
definitely will try this if decide that it's justified.

Arcady