Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spippy71

Default Need Advice How to Repair Plastic Power Switch on Dell 19" Monitor

Hi,

Recently purchased a monitor from eBay. It's a Dell 19" Monitor model
P991 - Sony Trinitron. The monitor was dropped by the courier, and did some
damage to the power button. I've opened the monitor to have a look and.
Exterior button and spring are fine. It's the internal switch that is
damaged. The plastic arm broke away from the switch shaft. The switch is
is soldered onto the "D" board. The Exterior button pushes the arm, which
turns the switch on/off.

Anyone know the best way to reattach the shaft to the switch? Which glue or
cement would work best on these two plastic parts to make a solid bond? I
can post pictures if necessary.

Thanks,
Steve.