Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.models.rc.air

Default Glues and Their Proper Storage

You are right. I looked it up on the Three Bond web site and it is OH
that cures it. I was going by what I remembered for Eastman 910 data
sheets about fifty years ago. And obviously I remembered wrong. Funny
though that you can put a drop on something and nothing happens until
you put something else against it and squeeze. I guess it is because
it has little surface area when it is a drop on a substrate. And when
you squeeze it with another piece, you spread it out so it can contact
the moisture on the surfaces of both pieces.

Dan

Martin Whybrow wrote:

Dan
Sorry, it does cure in the presence of moisture; from Henkel-Loctite's MSDS
for cyanoacrylate glues:
Polymerized by contact with water, alcohols,
amines, alkalies.
Loctite thread locking agents such as 222, 241, 270 are anaerobic adhesives
however.
Martin
.--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom