Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Big Lathe?

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:40:00 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

Sadly, there appear to be nothing but cylindrical rests out there in the
replacement realm. If you know of others, chime in, I'm looking for a
smaller curved one. Resting a cylinder on a cylinder with some control is
difficult to begin with, and with a fingernail grind prone to rotation, even
worse. Of course, you can't get the fulcrum any closer than clearance plus
radius, either. When I transitioned from Ol' Blue to the 3000, I considered
modifying my grinds to suit the new rests, then realized I still had one
old - my "S" rest - to work with. Took a file to the 3000 rests, and never
looked back.

I have a few rests like these... I find the flat top better than the round, but
still prefer a little angle on them..
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/cltsj.html

Mac