Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default New Newsgroup?

Don Stauffer wrote:
I have a novel idea. How about a recreational metalworking group for
talking about metalworking. Off topic discussions are not a problem
with a group that has a dozen posts a day, but this group has over three
hundred a day. It is getting too hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff!

Point taken. From my own early experience, I found this group before
buying a mill, and decided not to post here because of the noise level.
Yahoo groups have not worked for me for some time (somebody added me
to a particiular group and that was it), so I couldn't get to the
mill-drill forum, and finally posted here as a "last resort". The
merrits of the group were soon obvious, but I wonder how many others are
scared off.

One option might be to charter a rec.crafts.metalworking.soapbox or
something like that, and gently encourage the truly OT stuff to go there???

Now, about the Supreme Court...

Bill