Posted to rec.woodworking
mogura

Default ZERO-CLEARANCE INSERT

Alternative is to use a 6" or 8" blade say from a dado set to get things
started.

"Wood Butcher" wrote in message
They left out a key step. Many saws will not lower the
blade sufficiently to install the new ZCI. Therefore ...
BEFORE removing the new ZCI from the original insert,
install the assembly in the saw (w/ the ZCI on top).
Clamp a 2x4 across them to hold them down.
Turn on the saw and raise the blade until it just starts
coming thru the ZCI.
Turn off the saw and separate the ZCI from the original
insert.

Art

"J T" wrote in message

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...ml&catref=wd47

First one I made was for a Shopsmith. I looked at the price they
were asking to buy one, and made one, no prob. In fact, I made about a
half-dozen, all at one go. Used think plywood, every simple actually.

JOAT
You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and
it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.