Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default OK what is the diferance between carbide and powdered metal ?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:44:04 GMT, BottleBob wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 01:21:55 GMT, BottleBob wrote:

Quit wasting my time with your nonsensical trolling.

Never a waste as you are learning things G.

Cliff:

LOL yeah, I learned something. I learned YOU didn't know that pumice,
obsidian, and scoria are forms of non-crystalline igneous rock.

What part of "glass" remains unclear?

NOW let's see if we can learn if you have the integrity and honesty to
ADMIT your error. Let me copy the relevant parts from Encarta and Wik:

Absolutely amazing ... search, copy & paste again ....

================================================= ========
Pumice, igneous rock having a spongy or frothy texture...

"Pumice," Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2000. © 1993-1999 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.
================================================= ========

================================================= ========
Obsidian, produced when molten igneous rock (magma) pushes its way up to
the earth's surface and cools so rapidly that its constituent ions do
not have time to crystallize.

"Obsidian," Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 2000. © 1993-1999 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.
================================================= ========

================================================= ========
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoria

Scoria is a type of igneous rock containing many gas bubbles, or
vesicules.

So now that you learned something, please answer the following
question:

Are pumice, obsidian, and scoria considered "rocks"?

They would seem to be glasses G.
--
Cliff