Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank K.

Default Wash machine screens

If you can remove the screen without damaging the valve, you
can buy a screen that replaces the washer in the end of the
hose that hooks to the water supply valve (bib). Keep a
couple on hand for future replacement. They can be seen here
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/frigidaire/unwasfilhos.html or
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/frigidai...ashosscre.html.
When you install the screen in the hose, the dome should
face the water supply bib.

Frank

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...
Once again my wash machine is down due to a clogged screen
on the cold
water line.

1. Is there some way to pull that screen out of the
fitting (it is on
the machine this time, not in the hose) to clean it?

2. What would be the results if I just yanked it and left
it out?
Damage to the water valve?

The material that plugs it is from my well, extremely fine
sand that
just barely doesn't pass through that fine screen. Takes
about year or
two before it builds up enough to need cleaning.

Harry K