Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

Default Small Workshops

Well, I didn't get the pics posted that I threatened to, for lots
of reasons. But this time, instead of excuses, here's a link to
some pics of my tiny workshop. It's an odd shape, about 7' x 8'
x 6' (Including door to outdoors) x abt 8' with a door into the
house in the middle of that.
Pics are located at:
http://www.twaynesdomain.com/GarageS.../smallest.html
If that URL wraps on you, you might have to copy/paste it to get
it to work; sorry, not sure what my client's set for at the
moment, to be certain wrapped links still work. .

It's not exactly what the OP wanted, but it does serve its
purpose.
As for light, the far wall has two large windows, and I have one
celing light near the entry door. Ventilation? No problem; just
open the door going outside. Heat? No problem, just open the
door going into the house. Dust Control? Mmm, well, that's kind
of a problem; I do have a vacuum I keep handy and use it a lot.
Wife forces me to if I want to sleep at night g. Or, well, u
kno. Anything that'll hang is hung, wedged, or somehow stuck to
a wall or the ceiling or stuffed into a little 18" jut-out in the
wall behind the table saw.

If this turns into a contest, here's my entry! ;-}

I think the best suggestions I can offer, which I actually do use
a lot, is to hang anything that will hang, even from the ceiling.
And use/make cabinets as much as possible. Any corner,
especially out of the way corners, is prime for storing something
in it. Plenty of drawers helps a lot, too.

Regards,

Pop

: .
: "Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
: oups.com...
::I would be interested in hearing and seeing examples of very
: small
:: workshops (closets/small apartments/small bedrooms) and how
: people have
:: adapted a workshop to a very small space. Pictures or links to
: pictures
:: would be great. I would think the challenges of lighting,
: ventilation,
:: power, dust control and space would create some interesting
: solutions.
:: Any articles that discuss this subject would also be welcome.
::
:: Thanks for any contributions you might offer.
::
:: TMT
::
: