Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

Default Idea for cribbage board hole jig

The entity posted thusly:

Can you explaian how you did this, or give some more info. I'd like to
do the same thing.

On 28 Jan 2006 07:36:32 -0800, "Tom" wrote:

Larry, I designed such a setup using computer CAD program. It puts a +
sign at center of each hole. I print that, spray stick to board and
drill into each +.

If you can lay it out, why not just send it to your CNC machine?

Thats the easy part, my challenge is how do you color each players path
differently ? I want peg setup for 3 players, each having different
colored wood for their path. I have not figured out how to cut these on
scrollsaw? or other? to get a seamless path.

Cut the layout with your CNC machine?

No kidding, send over the board dims and I would be happy to layout the
pattern for you and email back a jpeg.

No, but thanks for the offer. If I wanted to do it that way, I'd just
write a little PostScript thingy to lay it out.. I did this idea up
for a friend who is trying to improve his boards. They are a folding
design, with peg and card storage inside.

He makes them with walnut, birch, purpleheart and cherry, laminated.
For the curved parts of the 'track', he cuts them with a bandsaw.

Larry