Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

Default Idea for cribbage board hole jig

The J T entity posted thusly:

Thu, Jan 26, 2006, 10:35am (EST-1) (Oleg*Lego)
did post Leon's reply like this:
The Leon entity posted thusly:
Simply buy a cheap Cribbage game in the layout that you like and use the
game board for the template. Double stick tape it on top to the piece
you will be making and drill through the game board holes. Let the game
board that you bought be the template guide.

And then decided to say:
I thought of that, but one of the problems I always have is positioning
the piece accurately enough. Every time I move the piece to a new
position, I stand the chance of having the drill bit wear the hole in
the pattern. I was looking for a way to avoid having to use the pattern
holes in that manner.

Drill bit wear the hole. Hmmm. The few times I'm faced with
using a previously drilled hole as a guide, I turn the drill off, lower
the bit until it's centered in the hole, THEN turn the drill back on and
drill. You mean you don't turn the drill off?

Exactly. At my age, turning the drill off to align each of the 390 or
so holes might mean the difference between getting to play a game on
it or having the unfinished project inlaid into my coffin lid.

---
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like
my grandfather, not screaming in terror,
like his passengers.