Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gfulton

Default OT-Hamas Triumphs in Palestine

"SteveF" wrote in message
.. .

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news:2EXCf.14102$Dh.1883@dukeread04...
Actually Hamas has had its act together for some time. The bombings are
only a small part of their agenda. For the last 10 years they have been
managing most of the medical delivery system, many charities and a good
number of schools. Corruption is not a problem because if you get caught
you get dead.

Some of the smartest people in Gaza and the West Bank are members of
Hamas. I'm not sure how they intend to play this hand and I doubt they do
either.

Anyone remember a movie called "The Candidate" with Robert Redford? He
gets elected against all odds and the last words in the move were "What
do I do now?"

--
Glenn Ashmore

Exactly. On the news someone was commenting that prior to the election a
couple of the Hamas candidates said they wanted a *minority* number of
seats. That way they could be a factor without being responsible for any
lack of progress. Now that they control the show it's going to be really
tough to complain about lack of jobs, lack of services, poverty, Israel,
etc. and how it is Fatah's fault.

Steve.

Hope you're all right about this. I did read somewhere that the destruction
of Israel was in the Hamas charter, however. Anyhow, money talks and B.S.
walks. And it looks like there's a lot of money walking away from Hamas
right now. From the U.S. and hopefully the U.N., until they modify their
positions.

Garrett Fulton