Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

Default Fluorescent light fixtures

"Bill Schwab" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello all,

This is sorta on topic, because the fixture in question is in my shop I
didn't think you'd fall for that.

A two-bulb fixture went flaky, and having some idea of its age, and not
wanting to drive back and forth for bulbs and then a balast, I decided to
replace the fixture. It was the right call; the old balast looked awful.

All seems well, but I can't get the cover to stay put. Is there any
secret to them? Maybe I just need to bend the edges to make it grab??? I
didn't see any obvious hardware to lock it in place, and the old one sure
put up a fight before it moved.

If it's a wrap fixture, hook one side on and then flex the other outwards
slightly to "wrap" it around the pan.