Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default Drill press table and fence update

John No (in ) said:

| On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:50:21 -0600, "Morris Dovey"
| wrote:
|
|| Good question. Sometimes not - my usual solution is to remove the
|| offending handle(s). I've thought of making a really low fence
|| using a 1/8" x 2" x 24" section of aluminum flat stock; but
|| haven't really needed it (yet).
|
| Before you proceed yopu should take a look at Ebay: "8020 Inc.
| Garage Sale," take a look at the various surplus aluminum
| extrusion. I bought eight lengths (metric sizes) two weeks ago to
| fabricate fences for my drill press and bandsaw. The aluminum
| extrusions are cheaper and
| more robust than the flat or angle aluminum stocks from Home
| Centers. It looks like the extrusion use on Mule Accusquare Fence.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/8020-I...fcdZ2QQfclZ4QQ
frppZ30QQfrtsZ0QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsaselZ129537225QQ sofpZ0

| Why don't you take a look and tell me what you think?

Looks pretty good - and I've bookmarked the site. I have a supply of
flat and angle 6061 stock in my shop that I use for building my solar
panels and tend to use cut-offs from that for projects like this. I
generally avoid buying the stuff at retail whenever possible - and
it's fairly economical for me.

Thanks for the link!

--
Morris Dovey