Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default Drill press table and fence update

John No (in ) said:

| On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:50:21 -0600, "Morris Dovey"
| wrote:
|
|| Good question. Sometimes not - my usual solution is to remove the
|| offending handle(s). I've thought of making a really low fence
|| using a 1/8" x 2" x 24" section of aluminum flat stock; but
|| haven't really needed it (yet).
|
| Before you proceed yopu should take a look at Ebay: "8020 Inc.
| Garage Sale," take a look at the various surplus aluminum
| extrusion. I bought eight lengths (metric sizes) two weeks ago to
| fabricate fences for my drill press and bandsaw. The aluminum
| extrusions are cheaper and
| more robust than the flat or angle aluminum stocks from Home
| Centers. It looks like the extrusion use on Mule Accusquare Fence.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/8020-I...fcdZ2QQfclZ4QQ
frppZ30QQfrtsZ0QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsaselZ129537225QQ sofpZ0

| Why don't you take a look and tell me what you think?

Looks pretty good - and I've bookmarked the site. I have a supply of
flat and angle 6061 stock in my shop that I use for building my solar
panels and tend to use cut-offs from that for projects like this. I
generally avoid buying the stuff at retail whenever possible - and
it's fairly economical for me.

Thanks for the link!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
John No

wrote:

Good question. Sometimes not - my usual solution is to remove the
offending handle(s). I've thought of making a really low fence using a
1/8" x 2" x 24" section of aluminum flat stock; but haven't really
needed it (yet).

Before you proceed yopu should take a look at Ebay: "8020 Inc. Garage
Sale," take a look at the various surplus aluminum extrusion. I bought
eight lengths (metric sizes) two weeks ago to fabricate fences for my
drill press and bandsaw. The aluminum extrusions are cheaper and
more robust than the flat or angle aluminum stocks from Home Centers.
It looks like the extrusion use on Mule Accusquare Fence.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/8020-I...537225QQsofpZ0

Why don't you take a look and tell me what you think?

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with 8020 Inc.