Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default Fluorescent light fixtures

Hello all,

This is sorta on topic, because the fixture in question is in my shop
I didn't think you'd fall for that.

A two-bulb fixture went flaky, and having some idea of its age, and not
wanting to drive back and forth for bulbs and then a balast, I decided
to replace the fixture. It was the right call; the old balast looked awful.

All seems well, but I can't get the cover to stay put. Is there any
secret to them? Maybe I just need to bend the edges to make it grab???
I didn't see any obvious hardware to lock it in place, and the old one
sure put up a fight before it moved.

Score another one for my $140 shop crane. I notched some scrap wood to
allow it to hold the fixture in place while I fought with the joists.

Bill