Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Big Lathe? (aside to Bill & Tom)

(Arch) wrote:

Thanks for the correction, Tom.
Sorry for my error, Bill.

I failed to consider Gray's dissections or Jackson's gyrations
pertinent to a group of woodturners. I just assumed Bill was referring
to Webster's definition of "groin". Tom's post explains why Bill's
suggestion might be of unusual and international interest, at least to
some woodturners.

A good example of the danger in believing everything (anything?) I
post to rcw. My advice to lead the flute, rub the bevel and lag the
scraper isn't always true and "facts often conceal the truth".

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

I think he meant anchor the tool somewhere aft of McBirney's Point - for
right handers.

There, that ought to be good for some googling!