Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default Small Workshops

Went over to the older son's place today, to check out the leanto
he added to the side of his shes, among other reasons.

Pretty damn neat job. Four 4X4 posts, two just next to the shed,
then two laminated 2X12s running on the posts running along the shed,
and the two outside posts. Then 2X4s running from the shed to the outer
2X12, topped with chipboard, and shingles. He'll probably panel in the
back and side later.

Checked out his shed while I was there. It's only 10X14, but
versus my 8X12, it's seemingly awash with space. Couple that with the
leanto, which is about another 10X14, and he's got a warehouse, compared
to my space.

He's probably got less than $75 tied up in the leanto. He bought
the 2X4s, 4X4s, some sacrete, and chipboard. He was able to scavange
shingles (new) from some of his job sites - he didn't try to match
colors or anything. He used screws to hold the shingles to his metal
roof. And, later may shingle the rest of the roof too. His brother
gave him the two 2X12s, used, and also salvaged. I'm now thinking about
maybe putting a leanto on at least one side of "my" shop. Thst would
double, or more, my work space, and if I did "both" sides, that could
give me a nice sized wood storage, and drying, space, too. Life is
basically good.

JOAT
You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and
it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.