Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default OK what is the diferance between carbide and powdered metal ?

Actually the pure white sand found in the Santa Cruz mountains are
shipped over a mountain for two reasons.

1. - replace sand on the beaches of Hawaii. Been that way since the 40's.
2. - shipped to the central valley of Ca. to a glass company - making glass for
fruits. And glass for pure needs.

When you start out with clean SiO2 without iron or copper or ..... feldspars mixed in -
it is worth a high value for unique needs. Normal beach sand is tan, brown, black.
This was white. Rather unique.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

BottleBob wrote:
Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:49:16 GMT, BottleBob wrote:

I guess we've resolved your error in thinking that ALL rocks have a
crystalline structure. LOL

"You are thinking of glass?"
Is glass a rock?

Cliff:

Are you trying to claim that pumice, obsidian, and scoria, are NOT
forms of igneous rock? LMAO!
Quit wasting my time with your nonsensical trolling.