Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Water Heater Install Question

That's good, but make sure you can see any water from a window you look out
a lot. I've seen people run them into rain gutter and never know they were
leaking until the water heater bursts. Then they say "I guess that's where
all the water on my lawn was coming from."

"Craig Robison" wrote in message
. ..
"Bob" wrote in message
No matter what you do, be sure to put a drain pan under each of these
water
heaters in your attic and pipe the drain down to someplace in the living
space where you will see it right away. It's easier than having to

replace
half your ceiling.

There is a drip pan under each heater. Code requires 6 inches deep (which
they are). The are both connected to a 1" PVC drain line which exits the
attic and dumps the water outside the house should they leak.